Friday the 13th? The luckiest day! – Zalán Vancsa
Marco Rossi, the head coach of the Hungarian national football team, has also invited MTK's 17-year-old talent Zalán Vancsa to the squad for the Nations League matches in June against England, Italy, and Germany.
|Zalán Vancsa is also in the Hungarian national team squad (Photo: Attila Török)|
– It is the wrong time to call you?
– No, I was at training, I'm on my way home – said Zalán Vancsa, the 17-year-old player from MTK Budapest, who was signed by Manchester City and will prepare for the Premier League in Lommel, Belgium, in the fall.
– I hear you're on the tram?
– Yes. I have completed the theoretical exam, but I still have to do the road-skill test to get my driver's license. Until then, I am using tram line 1 and the metro.
– Well, national team members may rarely use public transport, but at your age, it's still normal. When did you learn that Marco Rossi was counting on you?
– On Friday morning, I got a call from an unknown number. I picked it up, I introduced myself, and Attila Tömő, the manager of the national team, was on the line. He said he wanted to congratulate me on getting into the squad. I was happy because I heard earlier that I might be invited to the U21 team, and I was glad that it happened. Then it quickly became clear that it was not about the U21. I live with my parents, and I immediately rushed to them to share that I am invited to the national team! My father, Miklós Vancsa, was also a football player, and he immediately asked if it was the senior team and if this was serious... I told him I would swear on my life that I couldn't come up with a joke like that - so we were very happy. Then I rushed to training, many people in the locker room congratulated me, and I have been receiving heartwarming messages since then. But of course, the words and hugs of my family members felt the best. I know this is an advanced trust on the part of the head coach and for the time being, I am focused on Sunday's league game against DVSC. However, I have a very good day: is Friday the 13th unlucky? I am looking forward to joining the squad. Among the national team players, I have met Szabolcs Schön personally, but not often because when I joined the seniors, he had left MTK. I am looking forward to being with the national team!
THE HUNGARIAN SQUAD FOR THE NATIONS LAEGUE MATCHES IN JUNE
Goalkeepers: Dénes Dibusz (Ferencváros), Péter Gulácsi (RB Leipzig – Germany), Péter Szappanos (Budapest Honvéd)
Defenders: Bendegúz Bolla (Grasshoppers – Switzerland), Endre Botka (Ferencváros), Attila Fiola (Mol Fehérvár FC), Ákos Kecskés (FK Nizhny Novgorod – Russia), Ádám Lang (Omonia Nicosia – Cyprus), Zsolt Nagy (Puskás Akadémia FC), Willi Orbán (RB Leipzig – Germany), Csaba Spandler (Puskás Akadémia FC), Attila Szalai (Fenerbahçe – Turkey)
Midfielders: Péter Baráth (Debreceni VSC), Dániel Gazdag (Philadelphia Union – United States), László Kleinheisler (NK Osijek – Croatia), Ádám Nagy (Pisa – Italy), Loic Négo (Mol Fehérvár FC), András Schäfer (Union Berlin – Germany),Callum Styles (Barnsley FC – England), Dominik Szoboszlai (RB Leipzig – Germany), Bálint Vécsei (Ferencváros)
Attackers: Martin Ádám (Paksi FC), Roland Sallai (SC Freiburg – Germany), Dániel Sallói (Sporting Kansas City – United States), Szabolcs Schön (FC Dallas – United States), Ádám Szalai (FC Basel – Switzerland), Zalán Vancsa (MTK)
NATIONS LEAGUE, GROUP STAGE
LEAGUE A, GROUP 3
THE HUNGARIAN NATIONAL TEAM'S SCHEDULE
June 4, 6pm: HUNGARY – England
June 7, 8.45pm: Italy – HUNGARY
June 11, 8.45pm: HUNGARY – Germany
June 14, 8.45pm: England – HUNGARY
September 23, 8.45pm: Germany – HUNGARY
September 26, 8.45pm: HUNGARY – Italy
Translated by Vanda Orosz